The website is offered to you on condition that you accept, without modification to the terms, conditions and notices contained herein. Accordingly, using the website and agreeing to the terms and conditions, you indicate that you accept all the terms and conditions and notices herein.
MedE Recruit www.mederecruit.co.za has taken and will continue to take care in the development, preparation and maintenance of the content for the MedE Recruit website. Furthermore, MedE Recruit will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that accurate information and job listings are posted on the website.
MedE Recruit can not guarantee or warrant the accuracy or reliability of any information or content on this site. MedE Recruit shall not be liable for any losses as a result of reliance on information provided.
The content of this website may be changed at any time without notice.
MedE Recruit accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage whatsoever resulting from reliance on any statements contained in this website. The information provided on this Web Site is provided without any warranty of any kind, either express or implied.
While MedE Recruit uses reasonable efforts to obtain information from sources which it believes to be reliable, it makes no representation that the information or opinions contained on the website, or associated links to the website, are accurate, reliable or complete. Accordingly, MedE Recruit will accept no responsibility or liability for any material or services contained on any website not under the control of MedE Recruit.
MedE Recruit does not warrant that the functions contained in the site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, that the site or any server that makes it available is free from viruses or other harmful components, or that successful or accurate results or outcomes will result from your use of this site.
Please read this notice before you provide the required Personal Information. By providing us with your Personal Information, you consent to MedE Recruit processing your Personal Information, which MedE Recruit undertakes to process strictly in accordance with this Section 18 informed consent document and the provisions of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013.
MedE Recruit herein being a Sole Proprietor hereinafter referred to collectively as “Company”.
In terms of a law known as the Protection of Personal Information 4 of 2013 (POPIA), everyone has the right to privacy, including the right to the lawful collection, retention, dissemination and use of personal information.
To give effect to this right, the Company is under a duty to provide any person whose personal information is processed by it, known as a data subject, with a number of details pertaining to the use of and subsequent processing of the data subject’s personal information, before such information is used or processed.
In accordance with this requirement, the Company sets out below:
- The information being collected as well as the source thereof.
- The purpose for which the information is collected
- Whether the supply of the information is voluntary or mandatory;
- The consequences of failure to provide the information; and
- How the information will be used and shared.
The data subjects which may make use of, or access the Company’s services, written records and electronic platforms, and all the processing of personal information by the Company as a result of a data subject making use of, any services of the Company, except to the extent that a separate POPIA policy has been issued in respect of a specific service or product and related processing activities.
The Company takes the privacy and protection of a data subject’s personal information very seriously and will only process a data subject’s personal information in accordance with POPIA and the terms of this privacy statement.
In turn, where the Company provides any of its personal information to a responsible party or operator, then such person will be required as a condition of receiving such information, to process such personal information in accordance with POPIA and the terms of this privacy statement.
Accordingly, the relevant data privacy principles relating to the processing of personal information, whether that belonging to the Company or that belonging to a data subject (including, but not limited to, the collection, handling, transfer, sharing, correction, storage, archiving and deletion) will apply without exception, save where POPIA provides for such an exception, to all and any personal information provided by the Company to another or received by the Company.
AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND AND CONSENT TO PROCESS
By accessing or using the Company’s services, website, URL’s, and/or when sending or receiving emails using any of the Company email addresses, the data subject;
Acknowledges that it has read and understood this section 18 informed consent notice and related provisions;
- gives the Company consent to process and further process the required personal information in accordance with this section 18 informed consent notice.
RECEIPT, USE AND SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY THE COMPANY
The Company will receive personal information pertaining to a data subject when the data subject interacts with the Company, whether by physical, telephonic or otherwise electronic contact.
On contact, the Company will use and process the data subject’s personal information for a variety of purposes, depending on the nature of the contact, which without detracting from the generality thereof may include:
- for the purposes of identifying and/or verifying the data subject’s details;
- for the purposes of providing information and recruiting services that the data subject may have requested;
- for employment application and recruiting purposes;
- for the purposes of managing any information pertaining to the data subject;
- for general administration purposes;
- for legal or contractual purposes;
- for the purposes of recovering unpaid fees and/or any other amount due to the Company;
- for the purposes of research, analytical and statistical purposes;
- for the purposes of informing a data subject about the Company products and services; and
- making such information available to third parties if it protects or pursues the legitimate interest of the data subject, the Company, or such a third party.
To perform the purposes described above, the Company may from time to time share a data subject’s personal information with the following parties:
- the Company’s employees, which will only be done on a need-to-know basis;
- the Companies Clients who are seeking staff ;
- the Company operators such as service providers and agents who perform services on our behalf will only be done on a need-to-know basis and in terms of an operator agreement.
The Company does not share a data subject’s personal information with any third parties who have not been described above, unless:
- the Company is legally obliged to provide such information to another for legal or regulatory purposes;
- the Company is required to do so for purposes of existing or future legal proceedings;
- the onward transmission or sharing of personal information is necessary for the pursuance or protection of the Company’s legitimate interests or that of the data subject or a third party;
- the Company is involved in the prevention of fraud, loss, bribery or corruption and is using another agent or service provider under a mandate to provide such service,
- and under all of the abovementioned circumstances, the Company will take reasonable measures to ensure that such personal information is only provided to the recipient if such recipient undertakes to keep the information confidential and secure.
- When the Company has to transfer the data subject’s personal information across the South African borders, it will ensure that before the transfer, the recipient agrees to be bound by POPIA. The recipient will be bound under and in terms of a set of binding corporate rules or binding agreements that provide an adequate level of protection and uphold the principles for the reasonable and lawful processing of such personal information.
INFORMATION QUALITY / OPENNESS / DATA SUBJECT PARTICIPATION
Whilst the Company will make every effort to ensure the integrity and accuracy of a data subject’s personal information, this may not at all times be possible. Following this, the data subject accepts the responsibility for keeping its / her or his information up to date and undertakes to inform the Company of any changes to its / his or her personal information. This can be done by updating your information on the companies website: www.mederecruit.co.za, or submitting a request to the Company’s Information Officer, Erika Myburgh email@example.com.
A data subject has a right to access any personal information that the Company may have and may ask the Company to correct any inaccuracies in or any such personal information.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
The Company makes all reasonable efforts to keep its data secure at all times; however, it advises that it cannot guarantee the security of any information provided to us or by us. Accordingly, the Company cannot be held responsible for any loss or unauthorised use or interception of information transmitted in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Company website may contain links to other websites outside of the Company control. The Company is not responsible for the content, privacy or security of these other third party-controlled websites.
The Company has placed cookies on its website, which makes contact with your / a data subject’s device to help make its website better. A data subject may change these cookie settings by accessing the relevant settings. When the settings are not amended or modified, the Company will accept that you are happy that these cookies access and use your details.
The Company may use social plug-ins of social networks such as Facebook, Linked In, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter. Please note that the Company has no influence on or control over the extent of the data retrieved by the social networks’ interfaces, and the Company can accordingly not be held responsible or liable for any processing or use of personal information transmitted via these social plug-ins. For information on the purpose and extent of the data retrieval by the social network concerned and the rights and settings possibilities for protecting your private sphere, please refer to the data protection information provided by the social network in question.
Subject to the provisions above, the Company has implemented the appropriate technical and organisational security measures required to protect all personal data it holds from and/or against unauthorised access, accidental or wilful manipulation, loss or destruction.
INFORMATION BEING COLLECTED AND THE SUPPLY THEREOF
We only collect the information you provide to us.
We may request information from you from time to time, and by you providing the information so requested, you consent to the processing thereof in terms of this privacy statement.
Should you fail or refuse to provide any information requested by us, such failure or refusal may impact the quality and extent of the service we provide.
All information is provided voluntarily by the data subjects but mandatory for our services’ performance.
REVISION OF POLICIES
We reserve the right to and may, from time to time, update this Privacy Notice. Any such revision will be published as an amended version on our website. Accordingly, any change to this Policy will be posted as an updated version and readers are advised to regularly visit and re-read this Policy.
TERMS FOR CLIENTS SEEKING STAFF
MedE Recruit offers Fixed, Contract and Temporary Placement Fees.
Please request a copy of the fees from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Permanent Placement Fees
Option 1: 90 Day Guarantee, Once of Payment
Option 2: No Guarantee, Reduced Fee, Once of Payment
Option 3: Payment Plan, no Guarantee, 3 Months to Pay
Option 4: Contract Placements (Monthly Fee)
Locum or Temporary Placement Fee
Option 5: Locum or Temporary Fees (Daily Rate)
Fees available on request
Permanent Placement Fees
Option 1 – 90 Day Guarantee, Once of Payment
Guarantee - Option 1
The client is invoiced on the candidate’s commencement, and the guarantee is subject to the placement fee being paid within 14 (fourteen) days of the invoice being received.
If the guarantee is not validated in terms of point 1 above and the candidate leaves the client’s employment within the guarantee period, the guarantee does not apply.
The guarantee is only valid if the client select Option 1 of the Placement Fee Structures.
MedE Recruit’s Guarantee does not apply if the termination results from an occurrence outside of MedE Recruit’s control.
This includes, but is not limited to the client’s failure to successfully integrate the candidate for reasons such as unfavourable working conditions or the environment not being conducive to the candidate being able to do their job, a layoff for economic reasons, elimination of the position, an unfair dismissal, a substantial change in the job description or reporting structure, the client’s breach of either this agreement or their employment contract with the candidate, or any verbal agreement with the candidate, a change in the client organisation’s ownership or any other reasons beyond our candidate’s control.
Should the employee resign or be released for any reason other than redundancy or retrenchment or any reasons mentioned in point v, within the applicable guarantee period and the guarantee has been validated (1.), MedE Recruit will provide a replacement candidate. For the guarantee to be operative, MedE recruit must be notified of the resignation or release immediately and confirmed in writing within 7 (seven) days (unless otherwise agreed). MedE Recruit is afforded 30 (thirty) days exclusivity to replace the candidate for the same position from the confirmation date.
MedE Recruit’s Guarantee will only apply when the candidate has an employment contract and where MedE Recruit has been furnished with such a copy.
The client is afforded 90 (ninety) days, in total, to replace the position. After which time a credit note will become due, proportionate to the candidates’ length of service outlined in clause ix of the guarantee.
As opposed to replacing the candidate, the client may wish to opt for a credit note. The credit note will be valid for a period of 2 (two) years from the candidate’s last day of employment. It can be used against any fees as may become due to MedE Recruit in the 2 (two) year period. The credit note percentile is proportionate to the candidate’s length of service before termination and will be calculated as follows: within five working days, 80% credit note; within 6-60 days, 50% credit note and within 61-90 days, 25% credit note.
If there is a placement fee difference between the first candidate and the replacement candidate MedE Recruit will pass a credit note for the first candidate and a new invoice for the second candidate. Should the second candidate’s fee be lower, the client will be entitled to a credit note. Likewise, if the second candidate’s salary is higher than the initial candidate’s salary, the difference will be payable.
The 90-day guarantee is calculated from the candidate’s starting date. Should the candidate resign within this period, the guarantee period will be inclusive of the notice period.
Should a candidate introduced by MedE Recruit be retrenched or made redundant during the guarantee period, the full placement fee is due.
MedE Recruit’s Guarantee does not apply should the client elect to engage the candidate on a contract basis where the duration of the contract is less than 12 months.
The guarantee does not apply should the client elect the no guarantee option.
No Guarantee - Option 2
You will pay a reduced fee when you select the no guarantee option.
When you choose the no guarantee option, it will exempt MedE Recruit from replacing a candidate or offering the client a credit note should the candidate leaves within 90 days of employment.
The guarantee does not apply when the client selects the no guaranteed payment plan.
Payment Plan - Option 3
The payment plans fee is higher than Option 1 and Option 2.
The fee can be paid in equal parts over three consecutive months.
Should your candidate leave within 90 days, MedE Recruit will have no obligation to replace the candidate or not to provide the client with a credit.
The client will only be liable to pay the costs for the months the candidate actively worked. Please note that if the candidate worked for ten days (not actual workdays but calendar days) or less in the month in question, the client would not be liable to pay the fee for that month. However, the monthly payment will be payable if the candidate worked for 11 days (not actual workdays, but calendar days) or more in the month in question.
Contract Fees – Option 4
The client will pay MedE Recruit the agreed monthly fee within fourteen (14) days of the candidate commencing employment with the client and every 30 days after that for the term agreed between MedE Recruit and the client.
The client will continue to pay the monthly fee for a maximum of 6 months.
Once the practice has employed a candidate for six consecutive months, MedE Recruit will consider the position permanent, at which time MedE Recruit will invoice the client the permanent placement fee, minus contract fees.
Alternatively, should the contract fees due to MedE Recruit for that candidate total the permanent placement fee (option 3) before the end of six months, no further payments will be required.
MedE Recruit’s Guarantee does not apply should the client elect to engage the candidate on a contract basis where the duration of the contract is less than 12 months.
Locums – Option 5
The client will pay the employee the rate agreed between them directly.
MedE Recruit will charge the client an agreed daily rate each day that the locum work for the client.
The client will advise MedE Recruit by the first day of the following month of the number of days that the locum was employed at the practice.
If the client introduces the locum to another client, the daily rate for the locum will be payable to MedE Recruit.
The client will pay the employee the rate agreed between them directly.
General Recruiting Terms
Whilst every care is taken by MedE Recruit, and every endeavour has been made with regard to assessing the capabilities, competence and honesty of candidates to meet the client’s requirements, MedE Recruit cannot give a warranty in this regard, nor can MedE Recruit accept any responsibility of any nature whatsoever and howsoever it may arise for the fidelity of employees introduced by MedE Recruit or for any damage howsoever arising from any action of candidates introduced by MedE Recruit. Therefore we require that our clients personally interview and approve the candidate’s capabilities and skills in their own best judgement.
The engagement of a candidate introduced by MedE Recruit will be deemed to be an acceptance of our Fee Structures, Guarantee (Option 1)and Terms.
The placement fee becomes due for payment by the client when the candidate commences employment with the client’s Company or a party to whom the client introduces the candidate.
The appropriate fee shall be charged and become payable in accordance with these terms if any candidate introduced by MedE Recruit is engaged by the client or by a party to whom the client introduces the candidate; on a permanent, temporary, contract, subcontract, outsourcing, freelancing, business associate or partnership basis; within an 18 (eighteen) month period after the introduction. If a candidate is introduced for a position outside of South Africa or for relocation to South Africa, the abovementioned period shall be 24 (twenty-four) months. These terms shall apply irrespective of whether or not the position and/or job contents are the same as those for which the candidate was originally introduced.
Should a job assignment be given to MedE Recruit as a contract assignment with a view to going permanent, MedE Recruit will charge an appropriate fee for the contract assignment period. No guarantee applies. Once the position becomes permanent, the client will, in addition, be liable for the full fee. This fee will be the fee agreed upon, and it will have the standard Guarantee (if selected) and Terms.
Should a permanent job assignment change to a temporary, contract, sub-contract, outsourcing or freelance assignment basis, regardless of the change, MedE Recruit will charge a permanent placement fee as per MedE Recruits agreed on Fee, Guarantee (if selected) and Terms.
If a job offer is made to a candidate and subsequently it becomes evident that the recruitment instruction came from a member of the client’s staff who was not authorised to do so, the full placement fee becomes payable as per MedE Recruits standard Fee Structure, Guarantee (if selected) and Terms.
If a job offer is made to a candidate and is verbally accepted by that candidate, and the Company, for whatever reason, later retracts the job offer, the full placement fee is payable to MedE Recruit.
Suppose the client, without directly agreeing to engage a candidate introduced by MedE Recruit, introduces that candidate to any person or body, and should that other person or body subsequently engage that candidate on any basis (point 3), within 18 (eighteen) months. In that case, the client will be liable for the placement fee, just as if the client had engaged the candidate.
If, due to the client’s breach of any of the terms, MedE REcruit is forced to institute any legal proceedings against the client, then and in that event, the client shall pay all tracing fees, legal costs and collection commission incurred by MedE Recruit on an attorney and client scale.
In the event of a Candidate completing a temporary assignment or work of any nature with a Client and subsequently accepts further work from the client in any capacity (as per point 3), MedE Recruit shall be entitled to charge the fixed placement fee calculated as per our permanent/ temporary fee structure. Work in this sense is defined as work of any nature, whether direct or indirect, temporary or through another labour broker. This fee shall prevail unless otherwise arranged in writing.
If the client cancels a job assignment at the offer stage for any reason whatsoever, MedE Recruit will charge a Consulting Fee calculated on all costs incurred for the period worked on the assignment up to and including the offer stage.
MedE Recruit is not a Labour Law Consultancy and therefore can not provide you with Labour Law assistance, contracts or services.
The responsibility for POPIA compliance resides with the practice/business owner(s) and allocated Information officer. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you agree that you:
The client agrees that all Personal Information concerning the candidate furnished by MedE Recruit shall be treated in the strictest confidence and compliance with the POPI Act.
The client herewith agrees that they will not divulge or share the candidates Personal Information with anybody.
The client agrees that they shall not contact the applicants current employer without the candidate’s written consent.
The client herewith agrees that they will:
Consider a candidates application within five (5) working days of receipt from MedE Recruit. Should you require more time to consider the applicant, please inform MedE Recruit Accordingly.
Inform MedE recruit of their decision to accept or regret a candidate timeously.
When regretting a candidate (before or after an interview), you will:
Destroy any regretted Candidate/Applicants Personal Information (CV and any other Personal Information shared by MedE Recruit) and delete the applicants’ personal information within 48 hours (2 days) of regretting the applicant and inform MedE Recruit accordingly.
Remove all data from your email inbox and saved copies from your mobile phone, computer or laptop.
Destroy all hard copies printed by shredding all Personal Information.
The recruiting process will commence once we receive a completed copy of the MedE Recruit Terms.
Please return timeously to avoid delays in finding a suitable candidate/s.
We accept Electronically completed Documents.
We will only invoice if and when we make a successful placement. No Placement, no fee.
We require Private Information from Clients to upload company details onto our system to list vacancies.
Clients can request a copy of the terms and fees from email@example.com
CANDIDATE TERMS & CONDITIONS & DECLARATION
Herewith, MedE Recruit undertakes to Process the Personal Information of the Candidate/ Applicant in line with the POPIA requirements.
The Candidate/Applicant acknowledges that the collection and processing of Personal Information are necessary for the recruitment process.
By agreeing to our terms and by sending us your application, CV, resume, qualifications, or any other document that falls under Personal Information, you, the candidate/applicant, agrees to the following:
- You voluntary authorise MedE Recruit to keep and process your Personal Information
- You have read and understood the MedE Recruit POPI Act Policy and Terms listed.
- You have no objection to us keeping your Personal Information on our database for future positions
- You permit MedE recruit to contact you to discuss suitable vacancies and obtain permission to forward your CV to a client or purpose.
- Furthermore, by supplying MedE Recruit with your Personal Information, you permit MedE Recruit to use your Personal Information for recruitment purposes.
The Applicants/Candidates rights:
- The candidate has the right to know what information MedE Recruit has, how that Personal Information is being used, and when and to whom MedE Recruit will disclose that Personal Information.
- The candidate/applicant have the right to correct their details at any time. MedE Recruit endeavours to keep your information up to date as far as possible. Should any of your details change, please notify us to make our records as accurate as Your Personal Information can also be updated by logging into your profile via our website.
- The applicant/candidate has the right to revoke the consent given to MedE Recruit in terms of this form at any time. Your revocation should be in writing and addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Revoked consent can not be backdated and will not affect the use of your information already made before the date of revocation.
Reference Checks General Terms
- Reference checks play an essential role to determine a candidates suitability for a position. Therefore MedE Recruit endeavour to do at least two corporate/work-related reference checks per candidate. The reference check will ideally be done, where possible, with an individual who was the candidate’s immediate superior or the Owner of the Business the candidate worked for.
- MedE Recruit accepts written references. However, we still require the referees’ contact details (email or phone) to confirm the document’s validity.
- MedE Recruit will only do a reference check with prior consent from the candidate. Thus the candidate/applicant must consent to the processing of their information. MedE Recruit will only contact a referee if a candidate directly provides MedE Recruit with a Referee’s details, whether via their cv, email, or WhatsApp message.
- The referee has the right to inform MedE Recruit of their decision not to reference a candidate.
- MedE Recruit may decline a candidates application should we be unable to confirm the validity of a reference or if we cannot get hold of a referee.
Declaration and informed consent:
Herewith the candidate/applicant declares:
- All Personal Information supplied to MedE Recruit is accurate, up to date, is not misleading, and is complete in all
- That all information provided is accurate and an honest representation of your work history, skills and experience.
- The Candidate/Applicant undertakes to notify MedE Recruit of any changes to Personal Information immediately should any of these details
- Furthermore, the candidate permits MedE Recruit to process my Personal Information, as stated above, and acknowledge that they understand the purposes for which it is required and what it will be used for.
- By agreeing to these terms, you declare that you have consent/permission from all referees, whether listed on your CV, provided to MedE Recruit via email, telephone or WhatsApp. You also declare that you are allowed to share their Personal Information with MedE Recruit.
- Herewith the candidate declares that they will keep the clients’ information confidential and that you will not share their Personal Information or any information about the vacancy with anybody.
- The candidate/applicant also agree not to contact the client directly or indirectly and that you will not personally submit your CV directly to the client without prior notice and approval of MedE Recruit.
- The candidate/applicant understands that MedE Recruit does not guarantee that any client will offer any candidate an interview or respond to their application. Nor do we guarantee that any vacancy listed on the website is still vacant when an application reaches MedE Recruit. Nor can MedE Recruit be held responsible for any vacancy placed on hold or closed by the client.
- Whilst every care is taken by MedE Recruit to ensure that the client/employer is transparent and provides accurate information about their vacancy and Company, MedE Recruit doesn’t accept any responsibility of any nature whatsoever for the actions of the Client/Employer, nor for any damages howsoever arising from any actions of the client/employer.
- Therefore we require that our candidate/applicant meet directly with the client/employer and ensure that they are happy with the Company, offers and agreements made in their own best judgements.
By accepting the terms, you agree to the above and confirm that you have read and understood the MedE Recruit POPI Act Policy and agree that your personal information can be used for Recruiting Purposes. You also herewith give MedE Recruit Permission to use your personal information to assist you in finding employment. You furthermore agree that you are aware that MedE Recruit will securely keep your personal information for a reasonable time. You also agree to all terms listed above.
You acknowledge that you have read and understood this document.
EMAIL AND NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTIONS
When using the MedE Recruit Website, you will be allowed to subscribe to the MedE Recruit newsletter. MedE Recruits use the News Letter to inform clients and candidates/applicants about available vacancies, candidates seeking employment, international opportunities and industry-related information.
When subscribing to the newsletter, please ensure that you supply MedE Recruit with a valid email that belongs to you (candidate/applicant or client). A confirmation email will be sent to the email address registered by a candidate/applicant or client. This is called a double opt-in procedure. This confirmation email is used to prove whether the Owner of the email address is authorised to receive the newsletter.
The personal data collected as part of a registration for the newsletter will only be used to send our newsletter. There will be no transfer of personal data collected by the newsletter service to third parties.
The subscriber can terminate or opt out of the subscription at any time. The consent to the storage of personal data, which the candidate/applicant or client has given for shipping the newsletter, may be revoked at any time. For the purpose of revocation of consent, an unsubscribe link is found in each newsletter. You can also forward a written request to email@example.com.
CONTACT POSSIBILITY VIA THE WEBSITE
The MedE Recruit website contains a Contact Us option that directly communicates with MedE Recruit. If a data subject contacts us via the Contact Us option, the data provided are automatically stored. Such personal data transmitted are stored for the purpose of processing or contacting the data subject who placed the request. There is no transfer of this personal data to third parties.
By accepting these terms, you confirm that you have read, understand and agree to all the terms and conditions outlined above.